Chamber membership can save you hundreds or more each year for just a few pence a day. Have a look at some of the benefits of being a chamber member.
Principle Electrical Engineer
Great engineering is essential to good commercial outcomes!
We are building an engineering function based in the Glasgow area that is made up of small expert teams capable of delivering new industrial product designs with pace and agility. While committed to investing in our existing skills we must fill the gaps with discerning external hires to build our new capability. We have a number of opportunities to be part of this exciting team and investment in our people.
As the Principal Electrical Engineer you will be the technical authority and design signatory for all electrical system and sub system deliverables of all product developments. As subject matter expert in electrical power generation, protection and distribution you well oversee all electrical design output operating as an internal consultant on international electrical standards and major component specification and selection.
Technical authority and design signatory for all electrical engineering deliverables of the product development and sustain engineering services provided by the engineering function.
In addition, the role will represent the senior electrical authorised officer for the Lomondgate site and be responsible for the assessment of electrical competencies.
- Take ownership, as a professional engineer, for the provision of Electrical Engineering support to assist the design and sustainment of manufactured products to improve their performance, operating efficiency, ease of manufacture, total cost of ownership, new needs in the market, maintainability, reliability, control, packaging or environmental qualities.
- Responsible for the maintenance of electrical aspects of technical documentation files and product certification obligations for manufactured products.
- Represents the electrical engineering subject matter expert for Aggreko Manufacturing and together with counterparts in the operating regions and central functions forms the group authority in this area.
- As technical authority ensures that all electrical design and development work is in keeping with sound engineering practice and compliant with relevant national and international standards and legislation.
- Develops and owns processes to maintain the standardisation of electrical engineering design throughout the range of products.
- Provide SME support to major technical quality investigations, source and manage 3rd party specialist resource as required.
- As SME, support investigation of assigned design related reliability issues working with Quality, Operations, Field Service, Engineering, Procurement and Suppliers to determine root cause, containment and corrective actions required
- Carries out technical liaison with key suppliers regarding the selection of components, their support in production and subsequently throughout the lifetime of the product.
- Supports the improvement of HSE performance via product design and operational guidance ensuring safety is given top priority. Assists the Risk Assessment process for design and field issues. Provide technical input to Global HSE team as required.
- Provides technical mentorship of all other electrical engineers in the department, assisting with the formulation of technical development plans for individuals.
- A good Degree in Electrical Engineering with relevant industry experience in design of industrial machines. Chartered Engineer preferred.
- Experience as Electrical technical authority within a function or organisation
- Fully qualified, seasoned professional engineer who has sufficient understanding of engineering fundamentals to be able to resolve a variety of issues/problems and to ensure that the electrical aspects make the best commercial use of available technologies and components.
- Experience of a design/development role in a commercially demanding environment with a good grasp of design processes and legislative obligations for UKCA and CE certified product manufacture.
We are the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We are the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
Why Join the Chamber
I would highly recommend chamber membership to any Dunbartonshire business. The chamber works hard to make connections and generate profile for its members and SHBT have enjoyed a number of benefits over the years.Elizabeth Mackay, SHBT