Chamber membership can save you hundreds or more each year for just a few pence a day. Have a look at some of the benefits of being a chamber member.
Building Bridges - Chamber Skills Development Programme
Building Bridges is Dunbartonshire Chamber of Commerce’s Skills Development Programme, designed to help support our young people and our schools and to develop local skills to meet the needs of the local economy.
We are delighted to work in partnership with West Dunbartonshire Council, Developing Young Workforce, SDS and a host of "Chamber Champions" to deliver this important programme.
- Helping create, promote and encourage Work Experience Placements, Internships, Apprenticeships and full-time Employment opportunities.
- Facilitating school visits by representatives from local businesses to increase our young people's understanding of the different types of business and industries in their area. Provide inspiration and increase aspiration.
- Helping to co-ordinate and create "industry insights" to inspire and increase our our young people's understanding of the different types of business and industries in their area.
- Promoting and facilitating in-bound visits to businesses.
- Providing business mentors to local schools and giving young entrepreneurs the support to turn their business idea into reality.
- Supporting Innovation to run projects and challenges with schools.
- Promoting STEM and Women in STEM, provide Role Models and increase the aspirations of our young people.
- Providing employability support such as mock interviews and help with CV development.
- Undertaking Business Engagement and Events to promote and support the Building Bridges activity.
In February of 2022 we were delighted to support #InspireWDC a packed Careers Fair featuring Industry Insights and a host of Resources to help support high school students with career choices, to develop their skills and enhance their employability.
By supporting Building Bridges, organisations demonstrate their commitment to both the Dunbartonshire Chamber and the future prosperity of Dunbartonshire.
Supporting Building Bridges
Building Bridges is an important part of our Partner+ Packages for businesses looking to meet their CSR and Community Engagement objectives.
Businesses and organisations can also become a “Supporter” of the programme through with a contribution of £2500.
If you would like to get involved or support Building Bridges please contact [email protected] or phone us on +44 (0)141 280 0272
Why Join the Chamber
I would highly recommend chamber membership to any Dunbartonshire business. The chamber works hard to make connections and generate profile for its members and SHBT have enjoyed a number of benefits over the years.Elizabeth Mackay, SHBT