Chamber membership can save you hundreds or more each year for just a few pence a day. Have a look at some of the benefits of being a chamber member.
Careers Fair 2022
As part of the Building Bridges activity Dunbartonshire Chamber of Commerce has teamed up with West Dunbartonshire Council, SDS, DYW West and West College Scotland under the banner of "InspireWDC" to create a virtual careers fair.
Running from Monday 7th February – Friday 11th February 2022, the event is aimed at pupils in their senior phase and also pupils in S1 – S3 who are looking for inspiration and ideas about their future. Fantastic daily content includes information about DYW Initiatives, Industry Insights, Pathways, Career Guidance and all things Employability!
The content collated by Dunbartonshire Chamber is digital and recorded so will be available online as a resource here with plans to refine and update on an ongoing basis. If you are a parent or pupil at a West Dunbartonshire school then you will have access to the additional resources via Google classrooms and via your careers/DYW teacher at your school.
You can see the content on the sub-pages
- Inspiration (subject and career choices, the importance of video, using social media and more)
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathmatics): See some industry insights from Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology businesses and individuals who share their career paths and expereince.
- Other Industries: here you will find a whole host of other business many based locally including Video Production, Marketing & Admin, Construction amongst others.
- Volunteering: Find out more about volunteering and the value this adds to a CV and employability as well as providing excellent experience.
- Apprenticeships & Graduate Programmes: Apprenticeships and other programmes such as those available to graduates offer different routes into the workplace. It is important to remember than not everyone has to take the academic pathway.
Why Join the Chamber
I would highly recommend chamber membership to any Dunbartonshire business. The chamber works hard to make connections and generate profile for its members and SHBT have enjoyed a number of benefits over the years.Elizabeth Mackay, SHBT